Sunday, March 23, 2014

Planting and Thinning Seedlings

 

How to Plant and Thin Your Seedlings

(before thinned)
(thinning)

(after thinned)
 
Hello everyone! I wanted to show you my seedling this spring. So here is my little collection and as most of us we are having a long winter. So, as you can see everything is in my house, it is still too cold for my green house. I also wanted to show how you thin seedlings, as they call it. Normally you do this at the garden when planting for the summer typically, however it is too cold like I mentioned so we are just going ahead and transplant the over populated seedlings and have more to plant! Now when you do this at the garden you would just separate and chose how many you want to keep and put a few in each spot and that will ensure one or two per spot takes hold. but I think I will have a large garden now, Thank You Old Man Winter! So, when you separate gently take the plants out of container and gently lay them out and ease them apart. Then start all over as if you had bought tiny plants! A QUICK TIP, is to water the seedlings with warm to hot water, this helps with germination!  It's so rewarding! Its like magic! So much for your money!



(table seedlings)
(plants on a table inside)

my table in west window also have a small uv light on the wall

We Hope You Enjoyed Our The Pictures of Our Progress and Our Quick Tip!
Please feel free to ask questions or comment on my way of seeding, hope you enjoy this and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment