Thursday, May 8, 2014

Down Syndrome

We want to share our trial and errors of having a child with Down Syndrome



Raising Nolan

This is my take and opinion on certain issues of children with Disabilities.
My son had fifteen surgeries within three years of his life on earth.


This is just going to be case and point until I get more in depth later.

 Nolan was born at 3lbs and 11ozs. He was in NICU for five weeks but never had to be on oxygen, which was a miracle in and of its self.


Nolan was born with intestine problems and so began the surgeries.
It took a long week to week and a half for the test to come back to find out if he had Trisomy 13-18-21, two do not survive (typically) and 21 does. whoo hoo, Nolan was 21!


What that means is that he was born with an extra chromosome. This is what causes the almond eyes and the similarities in each other. In other words this is the reason Down Syndrome individuals resemble each other.


With that being said, the actions (in my opinion) of Down Syndrome are not the same and for this reason I am writing about the disability my son was born with.


This is my prelude to stating case and point of Me and My Families experiences with Nolan.



Nolan May 2014
7 YEARS OLD





No one has the right or permission to use or copy this content.

No comments:

Post a Comment